SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gabbiegrl1

Need grounding help

gabbiegrl1
15 years ago

OK..this is my first post so please be patient with me. I have an 11 y/o SD and a 12 y/o SS. Their mother is difficult and it's very hard dealing with her. The most recent issue is that the SS has once again brought home poor grades. This child is perfectly capable of getting good grades and demonstrates this by bringing the grade up atleast 2 marks by the next grading period. He needs punishing. BM is inconsistent with her consequences for the bad grades and here we are again. He was both punished,no video games until the grade was brought up, and lectured by his father the last time this happened. SS didn't want to visit this weekend because he knew dad would be mad (as he should be, SS failing because he won't bring home or do homework). BM told SS he had to visit anyway. I told BM that he would be spending the weekend in his room without TV or video games and she replied that we had no right to punish him since we have very little involvement in his upbringing. Excuse me but she is forcing SS over here despite the fact that he doesn't want to come and now says we can't punish him. Am I missing something here?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz