SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
izzy_2010

step aside or not?

izzy_2010
14 years ago

My story is complicated..6 months ago a met a guy.. who by christmas i was already in love.. he is 32 and i'm 20 years old we have talked alot about our age difference and he doesn't want me to commit to him yet, he wants me to continue my dreams and goals.. he says he only likes me but does not love me yet and i understand and i haven't told him i love him yet.. so last week i told him that we are better of friends until we are sure of what we want and that when he was ready he could ask me out. Two days later he said he couldnt live without me and that he missed me alot, and then he confessed that a day before i told him to just be friends a girl had come to his house looking for him saying that she was 8 month preg. and that he was the father, she just wanted to let hom know cuz it was his right, and to not worry that if he did not. want to be responsible that it as ok. He then told me of one day having passed out and when he woke up he was on his boxers and she was next to him she never said if anything had happen. So he then asked me if i would still date him of he had a kid.. i said yes and he then asked me to bs his girlfriend. He said he wants to do a DNA test to make sure, but yesterday he met. with the girl and afterwards he called me he said that the girk seemed like an honest person and very mature he sounded happy and made the comment that he was sure it was his kid. He sounded very happy and im really happy for him but now i have realized that maybe i made a mistake.. i want to tell him that he should at least take a chance on meeting the girl and maybe try to start a relationship with her. Im thinking that the baby would be better of with both his parents together. I want my bf to at least say that he tried. I want to step aside and be just a friend for him. When i commented this to him he said he did not want to risk loosing me, that what if while he tried to work it out with the other girl that i find someone else? I dont want hom to think that i dont want him because of the kid. I would honestly be willing to commit to him and. his baby, but i don't want the kid to leave with seperate parents. I would like the kid to know that at least their parents tried. Should i step aside or should i just stand next to him and support him?

Comments (12)