SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akhill_gw

15 YR Old SD is getting on my nerves...

akhill
15 years ago

I don't really know where to start here. All I know is that I am about to go nuts and I am beginning to think that I might be over-reacting. I married my husband almost 4 years ago. At the time I had 4 children from a previous marriage that he adopted this year, we have another child together and then he has a daughter from a previous marriage. Well he and his ex got divorced when his daughter was 7 years old. The mother moved around all the time and half the time he never knew where she was. So for all those years he never got to see his daughter. All of a sudden right before Thanksgiving his ex gets a hold of us and wants us to get her for Thanksgiving Holiday (by this time she's 14 years old) so we get her and it was weird because she hadn't seen her dad in 7 years, she didn't know me at all and she didn't know any of the kids. But she did very well and got along with everyone. She even came back for 2 weeks over Christmas Break and had a great time. She even mentioned many times how she didn't want to go back home.

Now let me get to my current position. My SD is 15 now and has a 16 yr old boyfriend who she thinks is the rest of her life. She says hes the only thing that makes her focus on everything else. She is constantly contridicting herself and its aggervates me so much. Our house is loud which doesn't bother me, I love hearing all my kids. She hates it.I have a 3 yr old that can be annoying sometimes and shes taken to were she just leaves my 3 year old out of everything and even snaps at her which upsets me. She complains about everything. One minute she's happy the next she's unhappy and ugh...one minute shes talking about all these guys at school and the next shes talking about her boyfriend. She is so judgemental about everything and everyone. She's just getting on my nerves and its so hard to deal with because her mother just kind of dumped her on us actually on me to be exact because my husband is a truck driver and gone a month at a time.

When she first came here we told her all the rules and I feel like she ignores them any chance that she gets and now she has called her boyfriends mom and asked if she would get her a cell phone because I am not with the same company as her boyfriend and she hates waiting till after 9 to talk to him. I just don't know what to do.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz