SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_4

venting..

mom_of_4
15 years ago

So, I havent really posted about my own situation in awhile. Really overall things are completely better than last year... at least we arent dealing with her crappy BF and her trying to keep the kids away from us. But, on the other hand, we basically have the kids all of the time now and are still paying her childsupport. It is almost like a payoff at this point. Don't try and keep the kids away from us and we wont try to take CS away. It is aggravating to no end. But, my real problem is that it makes me literally ill to watch her with the kids. She is all over them. Oh baby sweet heart let me hug you pet you blah blah blah.

My younger ss 10th b day party was this weekend and I couldnt even get her to call me back to tell me how many of her people were coming. Oh yes, the birthday party we threw, that I worked my butt off on, she invited all her little friends to. Luckily, only one showed up. But still. I mean we were gracious and welcoming but she didnt even offer to bring anything and then didnt even show up with a card for her son ... it really ticked me off.

She is going to school right now (payed for by us courtesy of cs not but buy the kids any clothes or anything but pay for school and her phone) so she is using that as an excuse as to why she cant do... well anything. Oh, I have to study. Oh I have clinicals... Really? I didnt realize that being a mom was something you could put on hold. And, did I mention that I am going to school right now as well. I got sick of the job market so I went back to school. But, I manage to balance that and the kids and all... umm because that is my job... that is my responsibility as a parent.

We are having some major problems with my oldest ss in school... so we are considering home schooling him next year. When we talked to her about it we told her about an informational meeting... and we mentioned a scholarship for private school.. and this woman had the gaul to ask ME to check the private schools for her. Whatever... I was going to do that anyway... but as far as I am concerned she has hereby waved her right to ever take issue with my involvement in the kids schooling (not that I ever let that stop me before). Oh, and she didnt bother to show up to the info meeting at all.

But, on top of school problems ss has had problems at home as well. We talk to her about punishment and solutions... she is always on board (her first response being we need to whip his butt... umm not an 11 almost 12 year old...that is just not the solution) So we end up dealing out the punishment...but then she doesnt say word one to him and doesnt uphold any kind of a punishment at her house (the small amount of time they are over there) And when they go to her it's all aww poor baby... (gagging)

I am stressed out (not more than I can handle but a healthy dose of incredibly busy) with more things being piled on my work load daily... homeschooling ss soon.... school myself... work. And she gets to play sweet dear old gushy best friend mom... instead of doing ANYTHING that an actual mom should do.

It just drives me nuts sometimes. I know that these are just the usual complaints and they really cant be helped in the long run ...but god... seeing her after blowing off any real things with the kids and them in all.... be all over them...really makes me literally want to vomit sometimes ((not even to get started about listening to her telling everyone at the bday party how she is in school and doing so well blah blah blah.... I couldnt care less...)) And on a side note... much more petty but it just rakes my nerves when I here her describe herself as a single mom. I am like please you are single and you have kids ...but calling yourself a single mom is disrespectful to all those single moms out there really doing it on their own.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Custom Residential Homes & Full Service Renovations