SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tookie101

I honestly dont know what to do...LONG

tookie101
14 years ago

I am really trying to be the bigger person but my husbands bm is driving me insane. She does little things like calls the house and if i answer she will either hang up the phone, put their son on the phone (he is 8 and doesnt have this telphone thing down quite well, so it takes a minute to get information out of him) or she starts out the conversation "is he there"? REALLY, where did this woman get her manners. I usully dont say anything just hand the phone over to dh. Also when she drops their son off at our house if I come outside to retrieve him,she WILL NOT let him leave the car, AND she continues to blow the horn until dh comes to the door! She also likes to make plans for their son to go to friends (in her neighborhood)events like bday parties on our weekend. When i comment on her disrespect, or ask him to talk to her i usually am greated with rolling of the eyes and sucking of the teeth and a comment on how crazy she is, but nothing else is said or done until the next instance of disrespect. My wish was that he would handle this since i really dont have to deal with her. But he refuses. He has even had the nerve to tell me that i should be more understanding of her behavior since it is only because she isnt over him! Ladies,(and gents) I think I am a patient woman but even Job wouldnt put up with this nonsence. I use to say to myself that when it really mattered he would prove that his loyalty was to me. Well that delusion was shattered when she again did something totally rediculous and inmature and i made a remark (the first Ive ever made) and dh let into me, yelling, swearing and hung up the phone on me. I tried to explain to him how offended i was about the fact that he defended another woman over me and it was to no avail. Needless to say my marriage is in turmoil, we are now separated (soon to be in counseling) but i dont know if this marriage/relationship was ever a good idea.

I must add that my children havent seemed to warm up to him in the 4years we have been together.

Comments (9)