SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justnotmartha

Am I wrong to be totally bent about this?

justnotmartha
15 years ago

SD13 is with her mom so the weekend. She texts me at 5:00pm to tell me her mom is working until 2:00am and she is home with her step father and 2yr old sister and she has to take care of sis because SF is "working" on the computer (ah - he does maintenance?). Additionally, he has to go to bed early because he has to work at 5:00 so SD has to care for her sister tonight and she has to sleep in SD's room because she doesn't like to sleep in her own room and SF can't deal with her. SD then has to get up with sis in the morning so mom can get some sleep. What if SD wasn't there this weekend? What would they do then? They would have to step up and be parents. Why is it because SD is there they feel like they can shove their responsibilities off on her? She didn't make the choice to be a parent.

We are told there are several mornings when mom and/or SF want to sleep in and sis wakes up to they wake up SD to care for her and go back to bed. They leave sis up with Sd when they want to go to bed early and tell her to get sis into bed. I don't have a problem with "keep an eye on your sis so I can unload the dishwasher" or can you watch sis while I'm in the shower", but to use her so they they are not inconvenienced is, IMO, totally wrong. I'm so steamed right now, and I know there really isn't anything I can do about it.

WHY ARE SOME PEOPLE SO SELFISH AND IMMATURE? And the bigger question - why can't they see what they are doing is selfish and immature?? After SD expressed her frustration I suggested she write down how she was feeling and have a mature talk with her mom. Her response? "Haha. My mom and mature in the same text."

I have to admit - I laughed out loud.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville