SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

gift cards

mom2emall
15 years ago

For Christmas my skids got $15 gift cards to Target from one of their BM's relatives. We were near Target today and I have kept the gift cards in my purse so we stopped in there. I told the kids that I was not chipping in any money, so whatever they bought had to be no more than $15 including tax.

Both sd's picked clothing items off the clearance racks and stayed in their budget. SS did not want clothes so we went by toys and I pointed out many items in his price range. He of course kept looking at more expenxive items and saying "its only $5 more or $10 more--can't you buy it for me?"

I said no because I was not chipping in $5 or $10 for each of them. I reminded him that Christmas just happened not too long ago and he got many items he wanted for Christmas. I also told him that if he could not find anything he wanted in his price range we could save the gift card for another time. Of course he did not want to save it.

So he picked a toy. After we were home for a bit DH called on his lunch break. SS began sobbing to him about the toy buying and how he could not get what he really wanted.

DH then asked why we did not just chip in a couple extra $ for it!!! So I went out of ss's earshot and I pointed out that my son did not even have a gift card so I told him that he was not able to get anything and reminded him of times when his fathers family sent him gifts or giftcards and the other kids did not have them.

I also pointed out that it would be silly for us to chip in money on gift cards other people send the kids! It is like us buying the kids extra stuff for no reason. I let him know both girls had no issue picking out things.

He just sighed like I was being mean!

Do you think that we should have to add onto gift cards? I understand $15 is not a lot of money, but that is what they were sent. They should be greatful. And the girls were.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County