SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steppschild

pot calling teh kettle black

steppschild
12 years ago

Haven't posted in a long time. Something popped up w/eldest SD (late 20's) and I posted it as a "try to let it go" on Thurman's post, but the more I try to let it go, the more I think about it.

The skinny - SD spent xmas eve with her mom's family and xmas with her mom (always been like this since she was a child). She didn't have Monday off and works full time. She finally came over to our house on Friday night, after work, to exchange gifts. Immediately upon entry into our house, she blurted out, "You're the only person that I don't have a gift for because I ran out of money. I will get you something after I get my next check." I didn't know who she was speaking to until she handed DH his gift. It was really awkward and I didn't know what the heck to say. I think she thinks she will get something, but knowing how she is, it isn't going to happen. I certainly don't need anything, and I wouldn't want her to spend her last nickel on me, but... This incident, just like when my mother died, and she told her dad in an email to give me her condolences - kind of feels like she has no regard for me. Am I reading more into this than I should or would some of you folks feel the same way?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer