SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liesbeth_gw

Nothing too serious - just wondering..

liesbeth
15 years ago

What? What?? Whaaattt?

It's the standard reply from both the skids to ANYTHING we say and I'm just wondering what you guys think of this and if anybody recognizes it. I only realised recently that we have to say everything twice with the skids. Not just me, everybody.

They do hear what you're saying, just automatically they say 'What??' it doesn't matter whether you ask them to do a chore or if they would like an ice-cream, so it's not selective hearing in that way.

Now that we are aware of this we have started to announce that we are going to say things only once, so our actions become predictable. Turns out that they hear us perfectly fine the first time, because the moment we don't fall for the "whaaattt?" and let it fall silent they usually answer to the question anyway.

Same thing with remembering something. For example the other day SD12 asked what time nana was coming over. We told her what time, and 10 minutes later she asks the same question. So FDH answered that he already told her. She denies that and refuses to remember, but we know she knows; come on!! She will then keep on trying to hear it again; and FDH just has to reply with :"unless you remember it's going to be a surprise".

It's nothing too serious, I'm just wondering where it comes from??

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Asha Maía Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Arlington County