SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liesbeth_gw

BM and her mom; response for Dotz

liesbeth
15 years ago

In another recent thread about contact between BM and stepmom I read something I wanted to reply to, Dotz mentioned that she was dreading this seasons sporting events, because BM and BM's mom will be in her face.

I have that too!!! BM loves to be in my face, and if she can organise a 'welcome committee' (like friends, family members) for support than she will.

Just wanted to share the following story with you:

Last week SD10 went for a sleepover to her friend. Since her friends mom is BM's friend we know that BM is going to be there. Often BM organises these playovers so she can see SD10 during our visitation. This is only to p*ss us off, she goes out of her way for the kids (read: for a reaction from FDH) when they are with us, but when they are with her she can't be bothered with them. This is very strange for the kids, and hurtful. Mixed messages.

Let me also say that BM has the kids for 10 days and then we have them for 4, so it's not as if she doesn't see them enough.

BM has a lot of the symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder. Control-issues, emotionally abusive, manipulation, guilt-trips, you name it...

So last week FDH was going to pick up SD10 after the sleepover, but when he was called into work in the last minute I ended up going. (I try and lay low as much as I can) The welcome committee was out the front waiting. BM had invited her mom over to the friends house and SD10 was sitting in between them, like a POW.

Boy was it a drama.. BM whispering in SD10's ear in front of me, SD10 looking at me and then whispering back, me standing there feeling like 'the evil witch that came to tear the SD away from her mum'. BM's mom throwing a fit that she only just got there and what a shame it was that she could not spend some more time with SD10, tears in her eyes and everything. The saying goodbye lasting for at least 10 minutes..come back for one more hug SD! Oh I miss you already SD, maybe one more hug! Don't forget another extra hug for nana too, oh sweetie we are sooooo sad to see you go already....tears and hugs and tears..and ONE MORE hug

I was relieved to finally get going. SD10 crying in the car on the way home of course, asking me why I was the one that picked her up. Her mum had whispered in her ear that it is always me that wants to break them up.. pfff

Once we were home the phone rang and of course it was BM, talking to SD10 some more about how sad they were that SD10 already had to go home. SD10 in tears again.

Yep, it's fun times for the skids when they are with us.

And that's another thing you said Dotz: the talking on the phone when the skids just get to our place. It's always an interrogation with the skids only saying yes or no. They get hammered, those poor kids..

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996