SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meandparadise

step-moms

meandparadise
21 years ago

Why is it that some of you step-mothers or step-fathers feel the need to call your step-sons or step-daughters YOUR kids?

You do not raise them. You watch them maybe 4 days out of a month.

I would never in my life time try to pretend to be raising my step-son.

It's great that SOME step-mothers and step-fathers out there can be wonderful role models for their step-children. They also know that there is a difference between REAL and STEP mothers and fathers. They don't try to over step their bounders.

My soon to be husband knows his role in my sons life and would never step on the toes of my sons father even though sometimes he should. He is so supportive of my son and a great role model for my son and his own son. The boys are both treated with fairness and knows that the real parents and the step parents all love them.

The boys are not taught to hate or be angry with the other parents for what-ever reasons.

If the boys have a problem with the other parent they are taught to talk about it.

I find my son afraid to talk to his father about anything and I bring that up to the father to try to talk to his son and he blows it off. Sad but true. He would say he will get over it and leave it at that. So that leaves my son feeling angry, sad, confused.

It's also sad that my son will cry how his daddy loves his other son and step-son more. Why? Because it took his daddy 5 years to get involved with him. Why 5 years? Hmmmmm new wife has a child and he has to now play good daddy and I will see you on a regular bases. Not fair to the child but then again we have step-mom saying her 3 kids when she only has 2. So does that mean my child is left there on daddies weekends with step-mom? For step-mom to take care of him? Where is daddy? What a joke!!!!

So step-mom and dads before you call your step-child your kid make sure you have more then 4 days out of the month with him.

So instead of gloating in here what a wonderful life you have, remember all the fights you already had and how many times you have kicked him out of YOUR house before you come in here posting about paradise. Remember you have 2 kids and a step-son. Instead of you trying to play daddy to my son maybe you need to teach him that he has a 6 year old that needs to bond with him and its not all about you and your kids. I'm sure your kids are the world to you, but don't you think it is selfish on your husbands part to really bond with the new baby and his step-son and forget he has a child that he will not give that opportunity to bond with? He has pawned my son off to the girl-friends and the wives to take care of when he does see him.

How dare you gloat in here what a wonderful husband you have. What a wonderful father he is. When he starts being a father to his OLDEST son and bonds with him and stops complaining about $50.00 a week he pays then maybe I will consider what a.......guys he is.

You are not in paradise you are caught in a fairy tale and all fairy tales have an ending. You do not have it great because you have tossed his butt out how many times? How many times have you guys faught in front of the kids? More then what my son needs to hear and has to pull his step-brother in the other room so he can't hear. Shame on you guys.

So the daddies saying is "GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE" get real!!

Comments (30)