SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doodleboo_gw

Layla Pics

doodleboo
15 years ago

HNey ladies! Thank you for all the well wishes and Congrats. We are all doing great. Layla is so far a dream baby. She eats,poops and then sleeps for at least two hours..most of the time three or four. So far I haven't suffered any major sleep deprivation:)

I'm healing really well. It was a natural birth so it won't take too long. J is handling everything as far as the girls are concerned so I'm taking it pretty easy which is speading up the healing.

The girls are fascinated by Layla. We have to literally beat them off of her...lol. They were actually present during the birth. I was so calm and cool (epidurals rule) that I could talk to them during labor. They insisted on staying so we let them. They have been so educated on pregnancy and labor that they knew exactly what to expect. It was a real special moment when we all got to see her for the first time together as a family. It was a wonderful experience. They especially wanted a good look at the placenta...hahahahahaha. I have strange step children:) Maybe they will grow up to be Doctors or Nurses.

The girls mom called for the first time in two months an hour after J, Layla and I had been checked into a recovery room. She asked how "That thing" was going meaning the pregnancy. When J answered "Actually she was just born an hour ago. We're at the hospital right now." she went dead silent like she had been hit in the face by a brick. J told her the girls were present during the delivery. She didn't have a whole lot to say. We told her to please call back, the girls wanted to talk to her.....she never did. She doesn't want to hear about the baby so she just doesn't call. You'd think she'd at least congratulate them on being big sissy's. Oh well.

Here are some pics. We call her "little tamatoe" for obvious reasons. I'll check in when ever I get the chance.

Comments (18)