SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiredofbs

very manipulative sd and a dumb husband

tiredofbs
11 years ago

Hello-new here and have a question....

My husband and I have been married for 5 yrs-my step daughter, now 26, really hates me! I have tried everything and as of the past 6 months, I have given up and totally ignore her when she decides to come to our house (usually to ask for extra money-we pay her cell phone and rent every month...) The lat time she was at our house was the weekend of Thanksgiving-we had a couple from out of town that we are good friends with and my husbands grandson and his girlfriend. Stepdaughter came over and was rude as hell to me-I never said a bad thing-actually tried to be nice and speak to her kindly. I fixed dinner for everyone, cleaned up by my self, and after
I was done, went to the living room to speak to our guests.
About 10 minutes later, dear stepdaughter stormed out of the house and exclaimed to her daddy that I had not even spoke to her an I was rude! Daddy walked her out and got her under control and she left-but my problem now is that she calls her dad and snips to him that I am not a good housekeeper, that we have too many dogs (4), and that he does not spend enough time with her (she only calls for money-never returns a phone call from dad)-now my husband is starting to agree with her and it is really causin g some problems! He wants to get rid of 2 of the dogs (NOT going to happen-I'll leave with the dogs..), and he thinks that the house isn't clean enough so he has chosen to sleep in the guest house (I clean the house EVERY DAY!!)
I am sooo tired of the stepdaughter's behavior and my husbands going along with it that I just don't know what to do, short of just leaving!!!!! Any suggestions?

Comments (5)