SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Feeling a little bad about double standard...

mom2emall
14 years ago

I realized today that I have a double standard when it comes to my ex and dh's ex. I really think badly of his ex and cut my ex slack because I feel like he does try to be a good dad and for the most part has always been a pretty good dad....whereas dh's ex shows that being a mom is not important to her.

Anyways my ds has a sporting event coming up that is far from our home. My ex has been having issues with his vehicle and told me today that he did not feel like driving himself there would be a good idea because he does not know if his vehicle would survive it. He asked if it was possible to ride with me. I did not respond at first becuase I knew I should talk it over with dh. I talked to dh and he was like "no problem". Now DH will have work and not be attending the event. And he was not hesitant about saying he did not mind. So I told ex I can drive him and he was appreciative.

Now I am feeling a little guilty because if the situation was reversed I would not be comfortable with dh and his ex driving somewhere together. Maybe it is because she tried to split us up in the beginning and try to get dh to rescue her. Or maybe it is my own insecurities.

Just had to let this out because it was on my mind!

Comments (10)