SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
byebyemind

Posting again so soon-about driving

byebyemind
15 years ago

I have a question for all of you. My stepchildrens mom barely sees them. She called the other day to make arrangements for visitation today. Me and the kids had plans to go to my nieces birthday party, which was one town away from their moms house. So I told the mom what time the party would be over and that I could drop the kids off after. I have never been to her new home so I told her I would call her on the way and get exact directions.

So I was on time and called her on the way. No answer and it was her cell phone. I still continued driving in that direction figuring I would get in the vicinity of her home and then she would call back and give me the exact address. I knew within blocks of where her home was. So we got near her home and I again tried calling her cell because she has no home phone. Again no answer.

So I drove home with the kids. My DH had to go into the office today so he was not with. 20 minutes after we got home their mom called and said she did not hear her cell ring. I told her we were now home and she could come get the kids. She then told me she had no vehicle because her man took it for the day. I told her I had no plans to go out that way again but we would be home all day so she could come whenever.

I called DH at the office and he sounded upset. So I asked him what he thought I should do and he said I should have just driven them because it was for them, not their mother. I feel like I already went out of my way for her. She knew the time I would be calling and she should have had her phone near her. Why should I load up the car again and trek back over there? DH told me that I could do what I wanted. So I did not drive them. Their mom did call back and is supposed to be here in about an hour to get them.

Do you think I am wrong for not driving back there a second time?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz