SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Nervous

mom2emall
14 years ago

So I don't recall how much I have posted about my own mother. I know I have posted before about my father and stepmother. Anyways to make a long story short my mother has been on and off drugs during my life. To my understanding she was heavy into them before I was born and stopped during her pregnancy and most of my early childhood. During my teen years we did not get along and I do think she was back on drugs. During I would say the last 5 years she has been heavily into drugs. I think just before my sd died they were into drugs (his death was drug related). But I think his death pushed her deeper into them. She has been in jail on drug charges since then. I tried to offer help to her saying I would help her get in rehab. I alerted her family that lives out of state. All that did was make her deny her problem and stop contact with me. For a few years we had minimal contact. She did not come to my wedding and has in fact only met my dh on 3 or 4 occasions!! She has never been to the home we have lived in for 3 years. I have refused to be around her boyfriends because I have heard from others that they are also drug addicts.

Anyways over the last year and a half she has been living with a new guy. My sisters have continued to be in her life and say they do not believe this guy is using drugs and have said our mother seems to be off drugs. She is acting normal and putting weight on. My sister has gone as far as to let my mom stay at her place and babysit her child. So over the last few months I have stopped by my mother and her bf's place a few times when I am in their town. They seemed normal, but I never stayed long.

So my dh told me the other day I should invite my mother over for dinner one night. I called her and offered and we have plans for her and her bf to come over for dinner tomorrow night. My sister told me how happy my mom was when she told her. She also said that our mother talked to our grandfather while at her house and was telling him how excited she was to see the kids and our house, etc.

I am so nervous. I miss having my mother in my life. I was probably 12 the last time we really got along!! And for years I have avoided her. I really hope that she has changed. But I am so afraid that she hasn't.

Please wish me luck for tomorrow night. I am going to need it!!!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio