SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mister_h

Unforgiving Spouse

mister_h
21 years ago

I remarried about 3 years ago to my current wife. We had a small incident on last Sunday (3 days ago) and we haven't talked to each other yet. Last Sunday my wife had to go work overtime and I went to church alone. After the church in the afternoon, I went to our monthly group bible study at one of church members' house. Earlier that day I told my wife to come to the bible study directly after her work. After the bible study was over, I talked to my wife, who was still at work, about having dinner together in a restaurant with the church friends but she said she didn't feel good and just wanted to go home and rest. After the dinner around 7:30 PM, I hurried home even though other people were going to someone's house for teatime. When I got home around 8, I asked my wife "Did you have dinner yet?". She angrilly said "While I'm working and feeling not good, you are eating well and having fun outside?! You smell! Get away from me!" I became speechless and went out of the room. That day I went to church, bible study, and had dinner with church friends. What did I do wrong? During the bible study I even requested church members that we pray for my wife's health because she often feels ill for no apparent reason. And I get yelled by my wife.

Another episode was that one morning I was lying on bed and tried to turn over to other side and my finger tip accidently touched my wife's face. She got angry and accused that I hit her face on purpose and smacked back my face with her fist as for a vengeance. I just couldn't believe her overreacting response. I became speechless. Later she was telling other people that I hit her face for no reason.

Things like this happen quite often between us. Something small happens and she explodes. She becomes UNREASONALBY upset and takes out her anger on me.

I remarried because I loved her and wanted to have a happier life/marriage. I would never get mad or upset at someone's small, unintentional mistake, especially if it's my spouse. Why is she so UNFORGIVING to me? She's 34 and I am 40. Would she change if she gets older? We both have good paying jobs (lawyer & engineer) and don't have other major problems (no adultery, drugs, illness, gambling, etc.). Life is short and going fast. But we are not talking. If I talk, I'm afraid it would lead into a bigger arguement. So I'm keeing silence and so does she. This is so wasting. Any advice?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH