SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyknight71

What to do when Mother in law is the mother

ladyknight71
12 years ago

Help! I have been with Husband since his kids were ss 4& sd 6 we have been together for 5 years. For the last two years I have been trying to take care of the kids and do things for them. But the MIL lives next door they go there after school and stay there till there dad gets home and calls them to come home. They only call me to see if they are eating what I am cooking for dinner if they don't like it grammy will fix them something. The SD (11)clings to her Dad acts like I am not even in the room. We do what she wants even her little bro is use to it. They don't clean there room Grammy comes over and cleans for them( even after I tell her to her face don't come to my house and clean rooms) then tells me she will do their laundry to help me out(I have my own child she doesn't do thiers so not helping me helping her son). I get a call today husband is going to basketball meeting for the SD and he tells me not to worry he and his mother will make sure she gets to meetings and then doesn't understand why I get upset. Should I just let the grandmother be the mother and his daughter be by his side all the time and step back?

Comments (13)