SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wild_thing

Hair

wild_thing
15 years ago

Ima's post got me thinking about the whole hair issue. Not just with steps but kids in general too.

My sd has long hair, and her mom used to dye it blonde all the time. She has a medium brown color naturally.

All we ask of her is to keep it neat and clean. No care about the style, length etc.

Well, you would think that would work great for a near 16 year old. Nope.

She doesn't like to do anything with her hair....barely brushes it. She wants her bangs to grow out but won't do anything with them.

It mostly looks like a long greasy mess. Why? Because she doesn't want to wake up early enough in the AM to do anything with her hair.

She used to want to wear makeup all the time too....more like raccoon look, but when we told her that the makeup, hair and clothing are a package deal, she didn't want to do any of it then. She just wanted to be able to take all her makeup to school and put it on there. She used to wash it off before she got home, because she wore it really dark and nasty.

I tried showing her how to apply make up, I have shown her how to use a curling iron, straightener, etc....

But since it wasn't her way she just quit. LOL

Problem solved there for us I guess.

My son however, grew his hair out longer the way boys were wearing (ala Jonas brothers) and he washed it everyday....took better care (takes) than his step sister. Go figure! He is a year younger too!

Heck! Even my 6 year old takes better care of herself than the sd.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations