SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
incognitomom_gw

Not a stepparent issue...but I thought you would all understand

incognitomom
13 years ago

Last weekend we were at a sporting event for one of my kids. I went into the bathroom and saw a boy hysterically crying and his mom yelling at him. I thought maybe he was taking a loss really hard and she was awful at consoling him. Well as I was in the stall I heard the mom swearing and telling the boy to uncover his face adn then I heard the hits. AFter I got out of the stall I saw her hitting him in the face repeatedly!! When he would cover his face she would grab his arms and hit them to get them off his face. Other women were staring with me. The mom's back was turned to us so I don't think she knew she had an audience. Because I am pregnant I refrained from going up and confronting the mom myself for fear of getting punched in the stomach.

Instead I went and found security. (Which are parent volunteers for the event). I found out that a mom working consessions heard 10 min prior that there was an issue in the bathroom and at that time the mom was just screaming at her son. Anyways I waited outside the bathroom for security with 2 other witnesses. Right before security came the mom left the bathroom and headed back into the event. The boy was still hysterical in the bathroom. WE told security what happened and they got the boy and went walking off with him. I thought it would be taken care of...at least by confronting the mom! But they did nothing. Nobody said a word to the mom because there was no blood or bruising!!!!!!!!

The rest of the event I saw the mom laughing and talking with other parents on her sons team (not the same team as my son). It enfuriated me. I took a picture of her with my camera.

I went home and thought about it. I found her team's website and e-mailed the coach with a detailed description of what happened and attached the picture of the mom and said I would call CPS, but I do not know the moms name or any info. So instead I was forwarding him the info and a picture so he can keep an eye on the situation. I imagine that this was not a one time incident with the mom and that she has a temper. I also worry that if she got this angry in public when people usually keep their composure with kids then I can imagine how she gets in the privacy of her own home!!! I asked the coach to reply to let me know he got the e-mail. Well after about 5 days I heard nothing.

So I forwarded the e-mail to the 5 parents on the team's board. I am hoping someone keeps an eye out for this child! Do you think I did the right thing???

Comments (5)