SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
surferchicky08

Just found out my husband has a daughter

surferchicky08
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

the subject of my post has more info. My husband and I have been married for 4 years but been together for 10. About 5 years ago we found out there was a woman that said he fathered their child, that came to us as a surprise he didn't even know. He started paying his child support and life went on. About a week ago, his daughter contacted him through email and asked if he was her father and if it was ok for her to contact him, since she wanted to meet him. She's now 12. He responded fine and then told me what had happened. He asked me what did I think about him pursuing a relationship with his daughter; I said that it was his decision, that it didn't surprise me that the girl wanted to know who he was. But now my question is, is it very hard to be a stepmom?

I have a stepmom, she called me names and made me feel awful when I spent time with my dad. I know what it is like but I can't help to feel weird about the situation. We don't have kids together yet but trying to concieve for 6 months now. I don't want to be selfish to a child that has the right to know her father, but I had other dreams of having her firstborn and now I don't want my children (future) to come to a second level. I know I'm wrong but has anyone been through this? I need advice. Please. And thank you!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!