SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momof3_stepof1

And our drama keeps on trucking along

momof3_stepof1
12 years ago

So..... bm has ss till Sunday. Has had him since Christmas afternoon. Our school doesn't go back till the 10th. Longest break EVER!!! My kids need to go back.... anyway. SS gets his braces on Monday. The braces are $5560, we get an $800 discount because this is our 3rd kid to go there to get braces. Then my insurance will pay $840. This brings it down to $3920. We are court ordered to pay the first $574 per year. We subtracted that the rest is $3346. We are ordered to pay 60% of that and bm 40%. Her portion is $1338.40. We set up a payment plan to pay monthly. It's $216ish per month. She is to pay $60 per month, we pay the rest. She is having a fit about it. She all of a sudden brought up her attorney fees from the very first time they went to court. 11 years ago. My dh was ordered to pay half of them. She specifically told him not to worry about paying it (her mom paid for it). So we never did. So now all of a sudden she wants to take $350 off of her total. DH reminded her that last years total medical expenses plus all ss extracuricular activities that she didn't pay a dime for added up to far more then $350. Plus he always helped pay for the extracuricular things when she had him. He asked for proof of this $350 also. (He can't remember what it is for, I remember.... but I remember her telling him not to worry about it) Mind you, this order took effect when ss was 6 months old. He was at that time ordered to pay her $58 per week. Up to that point he had paid her $100 per week out of pocket. So if you add all that up it's well over $350. We have bought him more clothes in the past 11 years then she could even dream about, almost every haircut, almost every pair of shoes. All but one pair of baseball pants... all other equipment to play sports. We had him more then half the time when she was supposed to have him and still paid her full support. She also thinks she is more knowledgeable then the orthodontist who decided he needs the braces now and thinks he should wait. (again, this is the 3rd kid I have in this place with braces.... the guy knows his stuff.... plus ds16's teeth are perfect)

Dh reminded her that she's $794 (as of today) behind on support and he hasn't been on her case about it. She told him to recheck his figure. He called support office and it's EXACTLY right. Mmmmhhhmmmmm, that's right. I keep track very very well. She can kiss it.

Isn't there some kind of statute of limitations anyway with these kind of things? She said she'd have her attorney draw up proof with a court date. Since her support situation isn't cleared up... the typo thing that states she was supposed to start paying January 1, 2010 instead of 2011. She says our attorney isn't cooperating.... probably because he's no longer our attorney since we don't need him he took himself off the case. We have nothing to do with it because it's not our typo or problem to fix. She says it's costing her over $1000 to take care of it. Whatever. Then she said if she must pay for braces she might just want to pay it off in one payment now. WTF!!! If she has that kind of money tucked away, why the hell isn't she paying her back support?

Dh talked to the support office though and they called her employer. We are working on the garnishment right now. She won't have a choice but to pay that back support here in a few minutes. PLUS she confirmed, because bm is over $500 behind her tax check will be taken to pay it. She's gonna have a cow. I hope the cow rips her in half. Ok, sorry, that's mean. I'm just tired.

On another note..... ds16's dad didn't buy him one darned Christmas present for the 3rd Christmas in a row. Pisses me off! His sm grandkids and her kids got gifts... (seen pictures on fb) but my kid who is still a minor got nothing. Poor guy. Makes me sad for him.

Comments (6)