SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
incognitomom_gw

This is not going to be easy!

incognitomom
12 years ago

My ex moved blocks away from me. He used to see our son all the time when he was younger and be a really active dad. The last few years he has gone through drama and not been a big part of sons life. Our son would call him all the time but he barely saw him....like maybe once a month or so. Well our son started acting up a lot during this time and I put him in counseling and it seemed to help.

But for the last few weeks my ex has been talking about these places he looked at near us to rent and my son has been really excited. Well the other day my ex got the place. My son has been really acting up the last few days. Just totally off the wall. And my ex has this idea that our son can just walk over there all the time and they can see eachother all the time, etc. I want him to see our son more, but not daily! I don't want my son to be here for homework, meals, and bedtime and spend the rest of his time with his dad. His dad has lived here 2 days and yesterday my son went out with him and his family during the day but I had told them we had plans last night he needed to be home for. Today my son called him as soon as he woke up and made plans to go hang out with him. I don't want it to turn into my son going over there unless we have plans to do something special.

We have not followed our visitation agreement in forever and were always able to work out visitation and comprimise so I can't use that as a crutch to deal with this. But I don't know what to do! I am hoping that this newness will not last long and I can just roll with it for a bit. But what if it does not end? How do I set up boundries without being the bad guy who my son feels is trying to keep him from his dad??

Comments (3)