SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
incognitomom_gw

done...D-O-N-E!!!

incognitomom
12 years ago

I am soooo done with one of my stepdaughters crap! Uggh!!!

Its been years of power struggles with her and it gets worse over time. I know part of it is that she is now a teenager & I know part of it is that her own mom takes little interest in her and she is hurting. It always seems to get worse after her mom contacts her. But it is just such a struggle and today I told her I am done with the nonsense!

Everything I tell her to do she doesn't seem to do and whatever I tell her not to do she seems to do. When confronted she plays stupid...like "oh, duh, what, I didn't know?" And she does know what she is doing!

Last straw....her cell phone. Today I open the cell phone bill and its $60 above normal. We have a family plan. Me, hubby, both stepdaughters and ds. We share minutes. We told them when they got their phones the ONLY reason we were getting them is so we can get a hold of them and they can get a hold of us. We told them minutes were shared so they were only allowed to call us. On weekends are free minutes so they can call anyone else then. (and we have a home phone for them to use the rest of the time) We did pay for texting so they can text all the time. Only thing we said NOPE, NEVER, ABSOLUTELY NOT to was using the internet on their phones. WE were not paying for the data package and told them not to even try to use the internet on their phone because we didn't want the charges. For months no issues.

Well it seems last month my younger stepdaughter (15) decided that she could use the internet on her phone and has been doing so when she feels like it! We have a computer and she has an IPOD touch....both have internet so not sure what the real "need" was to do it on her phone! We also found out that this month she has already incurred internet usage charges as well!

We confront her about it and at first she denies it! Then we tell her the customer service rep told us she did....so she said it was just once to go on Facebook when her friend was over and using her ipod. We called her out on that lie and told her that it was multiple times....her jaw dropped and she tried telling us she swears she didn't go on more than once and she doesn't know why its saying she did! Ugghh....

So we told her she disregarded our rules and lied so the consequence is no more phone! (we cant cancel it because of fees which are higher than just keeping the phone on)....but we are just taking it away from her. Its a huge deal to her because she is texting constantly and thats how her friends contact her.

If something comes up where we need her to have a phone on her we will give it back for just that and take it back after.

Hopefully this teaches her to respect our rules and not to lie to us!Sorry such a long vent!!

Comments (3)