SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikemama

Isn't getting enough time

nikemama
15 years ago

SS is upset that he feels like his dad doesn't spend enough on on one time with Just Him. We have a household that consist of DH and Myself, My three sons and my husbands one son during the week. Every other weekend his sister comes too. So he isn't an only child ever but he wants this alone time.

DH is a trooper when it comes to his son and daughter. He calls SD everyday sometimes a couple times. Kids get home at 3:30. He will on any given night most nights in fact play a game or two of Madden Football alone in SS room, then they will go out to the gym in the garage and workout for an hour or so then he will tuck him in at night laying with him for likely 20-30 minutes every night. So they do all this in a span of 3:30 to say 10:00 every night. SS says he wishes it was like the weekends when DH was living in the appartment upstairs of his parents home. When it was just them and his Grandparents were down stairs. We DH and I had talks with SS seperately. First DH he didn't know what else to say so he sent me in to try to make him feel better. I was wondering what you all have to say that might help. SS is 13, Parents divorced for 3 years, 12 full sister with mom, DH and I married in July together for a year.

Comments (7)