SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacks_mom

Have been reading for awhile, but first post. Very long.

jacks_mom
14 years ago

Hi. I have been reading this forum for a few months now, mostly just enjoying the fact that it makes me feel alot more normal knowing there are others out there who feel like I do. A little about our family. My husband and I have been together off and on for 6 years, 2 years we were seperated. He has 3 boys from a previous relationship ages 9,9 and 7 and we have a 5 yr old son together. Up until a few years ago the BM and I got along fine, were even friends. I saw alot of bad things happen to her, my step sons and her son with her "new" (they have also been together for 6 years) husband. He was abusive not only to her but to my step kids. Four years ago she decided to let the three older boys live with my husbands sister, as we were seperated. After a few months, she came to me and asked me if I would please keep her kids (her and new hubby and their son were living in a hotel). I said yes and shortly their father and I reconsiled. I have been a part of these kids lives since they were 3,3 and 1, I was a part of their lives even when seperated from their father, ie... weekend visits were spent at my home, or I would take my son to their mom's and visit for a few hrs. I watched this woman's husband abuse her infront of her children and mine, called the cops even when she asked me not to, drove her to the hospital for a possibly broken arm and even brought her and her children into my home for an undisclosed amount of time when he pulled a gun on her. This is where the story turns around for me, she used me...she stayed long enough for him to sober up and for myself to purchase Easter items for not only my son and step sons but for her child as well and she found out he had more "stuff" (drugs) and she left. Now not only did she leave but she left my step children alone in my home without even letting anyone know she was leaving, they were 4 and (two) 6 yrs old at the time. We didnt hear from her for months, she shows up for the birthday of youngest ss and asks to take them to a ball game, returns within 30 mins and leaves them standing at the end of the driveway screaming because her husband needed her home. Again, she disappears for over a yr. We filed for full custody and were granted it without delay, she recieves the paperwork from the court in the mail and I get an email from her stating "I" stole her children, the ones she signed over to me two years before that. No calls on birthdays, holidays, nothing. I took the bait and wrote her back, reminding her I have been the one over the last 6 years to have done everything I could for these boys, even when they lived with her, I made sure they had food to eat, clothes to wear, school supplies, diapers basically whatever they needed along with taking them to dr's appointments I was made aware of(most she never told me about) and that she refuesed to take them too and all school meetings because she didnt WANT to go. When we gained full custody I spent 12 weeks of nothing but dr's visits as well as dentist visits from where she refused to let me be on their medicaid paperwork to do anything other than let them see their pediatrician. They all had numerous absessed teeth, cavities and the oldest had rotted teeth that were imbedded to the point three years later his adult teeth still havent grown in. Another has what the school system has tagged as Transgender Association, his mother told him for so long that he SHOULD have been a girl and that he was her special girl that he believes he needs to be a girl. The youngest has severe eating issues and still resorts to puking on his plate to where he wont have to eat the food. Gross I know, but we are working on it. They are in the process of after our requesting for three years for child therapists, of finally being seen individually and then as a family. We have worked through lots of issues, none of them have night terrors anymore or bedwetting issues (but only as of the last yr have these stopped). The judge granted us custody in 08 and we havent heard from the Bm since Jan of 09. Here it is Jan of 2010 and I came across her myspace page where she has pictures of not only my step sons but of my son that she is somehow taking off of other relatives myspace pages, claiming them all even my son as her children and making remarks to her "friends" that she never lost custody. I know it seems like a small thing, but it makes me uncomfortable to know she has access to pictures of children I am raising especially my child, (and yes I have checked to make sure that those family members are not in contact and that they have made their profiles private now). Should I speak with a family lawyer about this, I know that it is in fact a violation of the law for her to take and publish pictures that she was not given permission to have ( I read the terms and conditions as well as the violation and privacy act). Any help is welcome.

Comments (7)