SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
punkintm_gw

SD's are old enough

punkintm
14 years ago

Thanks to all who responded..My husband (DH)has been seeing his therapist for years.He told therapist what happened at X-mas and therapist said the SD's are old enough to know better than to keep hurting their Dad over and over again so the best way to deal with it (both had same conclusion)was just not to have contact with them and see if they can grow into to adulthood and realize the folly of their behavior. No one can tell them how to act, they have to deal with this their own way. Husband said he raised them to be tolerant of others forgive mistakes and coexist with all humans with an open mind and heart and neither one of them is doing what they were taught.So he is just letting them go. Therapist said it is the BM who has poisoned them against their Dad because from the start of his leaving his family the SD's were ok with everything and over the last three yrs. it has gotten progressively worse. I'm just glad that my 3 kids (28,24,15)love him,respect him and would do anything for either of us,so he feels some self worth as a Dad.My kids appreciate everything he does,and is very glad that their Mom has a wonderful man in her life that makes her super happy.He is a God given angel to me.If my kids ever did what his girls are doing I would be mortified.Any Mom that would condone such behavior out of their kids is not a good parent.period.So in the mean time all I can do is love and support him and be the best wife anyone could ask for.

Comments (14)