SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sisterwoman

old vintage heirloom rings

sisterwoman
10 years ago

I married my husband after dating for 2 yrs. he had kids, which are now very resentful teenagers. He was divorced fore two yrs. when I met him.
He did not want to buy me a wedding ring when we married, and stated I could wear his grandmother's ring, with the intention if the marriage dissolved in divorce, I would return the ring.
The teen age step kids now 13/15/17 say very hurtful mean things, one being wisecracks about me wearing the ring which really belongs to them.
I recently just took the ring off and stopped wearing at all, since I have discovered my husband is just too cheap, in the first place.
I have since found out that my husband does not support my position in the family by demanding his children respect me. I have been cursed at, and remain the focus of their mean sneaky tricks, destroying my belongings.
Now, I read on the internet other step folks who are amidst the same misery, only to find out I never should have dated anyone with kids. My children are grown and self supporting, and do not interfere.
I now am experiencing why the first wife divorced him. My husband is one of those people who should can live alone, and is use to being alone, and still conducts his life like he is alone. I mean he calls it "me time," lots of me time, from Sunday all day news programs, to coming to bed at 1:00 am in the morning. I try to stay in awake until 10:-10:30 pm, but he does not get the point, even when I ask him to compromise.
I feel very alone.

Comments (4)