SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myfampg

Parental Alienation

myfampg
13 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find information on parental alienation that does not use the words "mother or father" or custoidal parent or non custodial parent?

Everything I am reading blames JUST the mother or JUST the custodial parent and in my case, I am the mother and I am the custodial parent but I want to get information on how to deal and how to help my child when she is told things by her non custodial parent ~ the counselor doesn't seem to help much other than to tell her how to tell him to stop. But that isn't working either.

But I am really seeing a major bias and it's very unfair to custodial mother's like me that have never tried to alienate the father, he is doing a pretty good job of that on his own....

but I would like to help my daughter to either understand or I would like to "LEARN" how to deal with the questions I have been facing. That may have nothing to do with parental alienation but just a parenting issue.

For example: How do I appropriately "defend" (I use that word lightly) myself when DD is told things that are mostly true but embarrassing, before I had kids kind of stories.. Those kinds of things, You know your child might find out about when they are... say... 19.. not 9.. and you had kind of hoped to be the person to tell them if it ever came up...

any help?

Comments (15)