SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hollyrose_gw

My responsibilities as Dad's Girlfriend

HollyRose
11 years ago

Hi Everyone �

I am hoping to get some help with a situation I have. I live with my BF who has parenting time with his children, 14 year old son and 9 year old daughter. His parenting time is Tuesdays, Thursday (every other) and every other weekend (Friday after school through Monday drop off at school). I have lived with my boyfriend for 1.5 years.

When we started living together my BF worked midnights (10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.) and the children would stay with me while sleeping and I would get them up in the morning for school and he would come home pick them up and take them to school (the school is 25 mins from us).

Now, my BF is on first shift (6:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) which allows for him to take his son to the bus stop but his daughter does not start school until 8:25 a.m. and latch key opens at 6:30 (his start time). Since the start of the school year I have been driving his daughter. In October, I told my BF that he had to find a different situation and cannot drive his daughter to school as it is not only is it too far (I work 45 min the opposite direction and have to be in by 9:00 a.m.) but she does not listen to me, is down-right hateful.

His ex-wife works days starting at 5:30 a.m. and on the days the children are with her she goes to the next door neighbor who has a daughter at the same school and drives them both to school. I suggested that he speak with the neighbor (or have his ex speak with the neighbor) about dropping her off there on the mornings he has the children. I suggested that he contact latch key to see if they have an alternative. I suggested that he speak with his work.

Overall, nothing has changed. I am anger and we have arguments about his on a consistent basis. I do not feel it should be my responsibility nor should I be put in a situation where I have no alternative but to drive her to school.

Am I wrong in thinking that this is not my responsibility? Am I wrong for being upset that he has not even attempted to look for other means of transportation for his daughter? Please and thank you for any advice you may render.

Comments (3)