lies, lies and more lies

Posted by recordstraight (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 29, 14 at 11:15

Question has been removed

This post was edited by recordstraight on Tue, Mar 11, 14 at 18:18

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: lies, lies and more lies

I'd have an attorney send the slanderer a letter reminding her of the consequences of slander & defamation of character, with a sentence or paragraph stating that if it doesn't stop the offender will be sued for damages.

o

"if it doesn't stop the offender will be sued for damages"

Sounds good in theory, but in real life it's pretty much a pipe dream to win a slander/libel case unless you can definitively not only prove that a) these things were stated, not implied, etc, b) they were stated by someone who knew they were false, and c), most importantly you can prove concrete damages (you lost a job, your business suffered, etc)

The things the OP is citing are not black and white ("emotional abuse", etc), but rather vague terms to prove.

Getting upset and having ones feelings hurt because someone said something that might not have been 100% true is not a case to take to the courts...you will just wind up paying legal fees and have little chance of winning any damages.

o

Don't go online and read her lies.

o

sorry, forgot to make my thoughts clear:

I don't know of anybody who would want to actually go to court to pursue a slander or libel case;
I would think the letter would be enough.

Most people will stop what they're doing if they think that continuing to do it will cost them money, put them at risk of negative publicity or financial liability, or put their stupid behavior out in public where everybody can see what jackasses they are.

o

I agree Sylvia, it may make her stop.

o

Always wondered whether people who were coming at an issue from opposite sides of the fence ever "met up" on this forum. This is not quite that, since the last poster come here because she new the OP posted here.

My GF of six years, and my ex-wife, have no idea I post here, I mostly do it as a quick break in my workday. I think if I had to wonder whether someone I know would be reading my posts I would probably be less likely to be completely honest in everything I say here.

I sometimes wonder what my GF would think if she was able to read all my posts...best to not have to find out I think. But I know my ex wife would probably kill me if she read the things I have said about her....but hey, I have not said a single thing about her that was not 100% true.....

o

Thank you for your compliance

This post was edited by recordstraight on Tue, Mar 11, 14 at 18:20

o

Record, HOW in the world did your children ever find any thing Vernap wrote???? You hired a lawyer to google her, found something and told them I m guessing..She said she hasn't written anything since 2008, and you re STILL digging?? You need to google PAS and stop....

o

I would appreciate it if people would stick to the question about what should be done about it. Not attack a bio mom who only wants what a court order said to be done, done.

Thank you

This post was edited by recordstraight on Thu, Mar 6, 14 at 23:27

o

Oh Brother...None of my business??? You asked for opinions,advice, do I ignore or set the record straight!!!! Guess you didn't like what you heard. YOU said you had your lawyer google..I do not believe 13 and 14 year olds are digging to find nasty comments about you on their own. They re usually too busy with I pods and games and friends to do that kind of detective work, smacks of adult interference...Stand by PAS...Ignore this and keep your kids out of it...You cant hate your ex more than you love you re kids..You are harming them and when they are adults they will realize this.....

o

we have been instructed by our lawyer not to respond to any more posts, and to wait and see if she obeys a court order to remove all content regarding the children. We went on here to ask her to remove them which I have. I would of chosen a different way to get a hold of her but this is the only way we know how to. So please obey the court order before we need to take further steps

o

we have been instructed by our lawyer not to respond to any more posts, and to wait and see if she obeys a court order to remove all content regarding the children. We went on here to ask her to remove them which I have. I would of chosen a different way to get a hold of her but this is the only way we know how to. So please obey the court order before we need to take further steps

o

No comment as this is not what the question is about. Please respond to the question only.

o

Please remove any comment that is not question related. Thanks

o

This just shows there are two sides to every story and we can only offer advice to the details the original post states. None of the parties this is about seem to be grownups.

o

Jeez girls can you plz grow up and deal with this like adults, either face to face, or via email, or if it has to be, through lawyers, and not in a semi-public, pseudo-anonymous public forum? This is starting to resemble a middle school facebook flame war.

At this point I really don't care who's right and who's wrong....we have no way of knowing that. I am sensing we have two drama queens who just won't let it go.....life is short ladies move on and do what's right for all the kids involved.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here