SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
finedreams

health insurance: iammommy and others

finedreams
15 years ago

Not stepfamily related, but I remember imamommy' DH lost his insurance. So this post pretty much for everyone who currently does not have health insurance. Hope it helps. Why did I think of it...

My mother was just laid off (along wiht pretty much everyone in the facility, they laid off everyone in the management and hired a new crowd of young people whom they pay 20K less, yeap, it sucks). So my mom currently is without insurance as of the last week.

I used to have no insurance so I had health plan (discount plan rather than insurance). It used to save me a buck. For example my regular OB/GYn or internist cost me 50% of a regular price. Tests like blood or similar stuff was pretty good saving, anywhere between 30% to 70% off. I found my old bills and sometimes tests that cost $70 only cost me $6. Soemitmes I only saved 10%. etc. It also saved me something on precsriptions, I do not remember how much. In any case it was better than nothing. Most doctors accept this type of plan.

You pay month by month and then cancel when you get a job wiht benefits. It is a part of PHCS PPO network, and name is Care Entree. Website www.careentree.com. Click on your state on the map and it would redirect you to specific your state info.

It is very inexpensive like $50 or so a month. But it certainly is much better than having no insurance or buying a very expensive one.

Worth trying it.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor