Houzz Logo Print
terinick_gw

Christmas Holiday Update

terinick
14 years ago

The original post, which generated over 50 responses is located at:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/step/msg1011220312856.html?51

UPDATE:

I mailed gifts to my family in St Louis. I video chatted with my oldest son, wife and grandson on Christmas Eve. My youngest son called me on Christmas Day.

My fiance' arranged to get together with his middle daughter (22) and son (17) on December 22nd. He took them out for dinner. They came back to the house. He gave them their gifts. They left. Total time together less than 2 hours.

Here's what I find incredibly interesting ... neither my kids nor my fiance's kids gave us gifts. And to date, we haven't received a thank you note from any of them for our gifts. Are they that self centered or were they that pissed off we went to our Florida house for the holidays? (finedreams: that's a rhetorical question!)

Now here's the real kick in the pants ... fiance' was with me for 2 weeks in Florida (I'm still here). When he opened the door to our home in Ohio last Wednesday, he almost fell over backwards. Our place has been destroyed by a water leak. Apparently our furnace failed which caused pipes to burst which caused water to flood our home. What a mess.

I'm sure some of you are grinning ear to ear right now saying "Ha ... deserves you right for leaving your family over Christmas." And perhaps you're right ... it is what we deserve ... complete remodeling for the price of an insurance premium!

Comments (7)