SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeannaw

Step Son causing problems in marriage.

deeannaw
15 years ago

To put it Blunt Im at my wits end.. I have been married for 7 years and I have 2 kids from a previous marriage a son whos 15 and a daughter whos 13.. I have a step son who is 16 who has lived with us for 3 yrs now.. Until that time he lived with his mom.. he was getting bad grades and disrespecting his mom alot, so My husband thought he could do some good having him move in with us. all his life he has never (and I mean never) had any disapline only threats of it. since he has been here.. he has Improved a little bit, but is still up to his manulipulating ways hes getting bad grades and has NO IDEA why.. its always the teachers fault he has gotten his cell phone taken away for his bad grades but then his dad feels sorry for him and gives it back.. when he goes to his moms she lets him have sex at her house... she lets him chew... and run around.. ( she thinks everything he does is "CUTE" and then sends him back for us to deal with. hes on the High school wrestling team and so his dad gave him back his cell phone cause he has a tournament for wrestling ( which I think he should of not got it back) but the kid manipulated the situation and made his dad feel bad.. so he would get his way.. I mean the kid has 3 f's right now I believe sports are earned... in a way with hard work and determination.. but my husband thinks Im being selfish.. Please help, this is just a little bit of my story I need someone to talk to because my husband always takes his side.. I cant get the kid to do anything.. My kids do everything I ask them to do.. I ask him to do something and all a sudden he has homework.. or he will sit and text his girlfriend.

Comments (35)