SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_2_5

Crazy EW again

mom_of_2.5
15 years ago

After 5 years of calling me a whore, and doing everything in her power to make sure her son hates me and doesn't have one drop of respect for me... NOW my DH's crazy ex wife has decided that her son would benefit if he could see us "interacting on a positive note". Now that he has serious issues, now that the damage is done she thinks it would be "really soften his heart" if he could "see us all function normally".

(SCREAM)

Is this woman for real? Don't get me wrong, I am over the moon excited she's decided to get him some counseling. Her asking if DH and myself are willing to meet with counselor is what sparked this communication, and I am willing to do my part in helping him, no problem.

The problem I seem to have is

a) "I just want you to know I hold no ill feelings toward you"--First, don't flatter yourself for a minute thinking I give a crap what you think or how you feel about me- second, if what you're saying is true it can only be because over the course of the last five years you've run out of damaging things to say about me infront of your son.

b) The majority of his problems stem from her lack of responsible parenting and ability to keep her adult feelings to herself and not share them with a 4,5,6,7,8 or 9 year old. So, now that the damage is done, and my life has been torture with this kid for 5 years. Now I'm supposed to say the past is the past, lets be friends?

(SCREAM AGAIN!!)

Why does she get to drop him on a counselors doorstep and skip off into the sunset with no acountability for the damage she's done? She's the freaking hero for making him an appointment?

I really hope she follows through with getting him help. I will do whatever I can to make his life better, but I just have a hunch this will last until the first thing she hears that she didn't approve of, then it'll be stupid and he doesn't need it, and we'll be back to square one.

(sigh)

Comments (10)