SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Huge argument with DH

lovehadley
15 years ago

I am really irritated right now!

So we had SS last night for my Dh's birthday celebration. Long story,but they ended up trading Wed for Fri nights and we changed DH's birthday celebration to Fri. So instead of having SS Wed/Thurs this week, we had him Thurs/Fri.

I spent all day with a migraine yesterday. It started around 11 am and just progressed slowly throughout the day. It got worse and worse and by the time we got to my mom's house for dinner it was peaking and I was in the throes of it---throwing up, couldn't open my eyes b/c of the light, etc. I get terrible migraines about once a month and they last about 12 hours in total. I am usually able to function for most of it, but there are always 2-3 hours that I'm in agony.

I slept for an hour at my mom's and then it started to subside so I was able to eat some dinner but then I just laid on the couch all night.

So then we get home and DD had several bouts of diarrea in the middle of the night. I was up wit her at 1, 2 and then again around 5:30. Oh, and BM also felt the need to call in the middle of the night, too, so that was another time I woke up. AUUUGHHHH.

She was out drunk because she's fighting with her boyfriend. DH had talked to her earlier in the evening and told her he had to work today and would be bringing SS home around 8:30 AM.

Well, BM calls us THREE times around 1:30 AM and we didn't answer the phone. She left some rambling message about how she was drunk and going out to get fast food and ddin't know if she'd be home in the morning? WTF. (Mental note to us to save that message!)

So this morning my DH is getting ready to take SS to his mom's but then decides that he is just going to leave him with me today because BM might not be home or is hungover.

I told him NO.

I just put my foot down and said absolutely not. This is HER weekend, DH has to work until 5 pm tonight, and I am NOT watching SS all day today. My house is a disaster, I still feel crappy and tired, my DD has some sort of stomach bug and I'm just not doing it! I got really angry at my DH and told him that if BM's not there, HE needs to take the day off work. And yeah, that is a bad thing---DH needs to be at work. Saturdays are BUSY days. And I am 100% behind him in the fact that he needs to work. I have defended him to BM about the fact that he works a lot!

But HE needs to put his foot down with BM. And if he has ME to bail him (her?) out and watch SS, then BM gets what she wants--and it doesn't affect DH. He won't EVER stand up to her and put his foot down if her shenanigans don't directly affect HIM. Am I right?

But then I get accused of being selfish and not caring about SS. AUUUUGHHHHHH.

Opinions?

Comments (14)