SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Not sure why this bothers me so?

lovehadley
14 years ago

It came up last night that BM had called DH on Wednesday morning after she dropped SS off at school. SS is with us for a 5 day stretch now, and he had wanted to bring a Wii game from his mom's house to ours. He forgot it in the car when she dropped him off at school.

So I guess she called DH and he called her back 15 mins later. In the meantime, she had been driving around our area. (Remember, SS's school is literally half a mile from our house, but it's 25-30 mins from BM's.)

She told DH she had driven by our house and my car wasn't in the driveway, and since I wasn't home, could she drop the game on our front porch?

DH told her no and she asked him if he could CALL ME to see when I would be home. (I guess she was thinking as long as I wasn't going to be pulling in the driveway any second, it would be okay.) DH told her it didn't matter if I was home or not, he didn't want her dropping anything off at our house. So I guess he told her she could swing the game by his work---he unlocked his car and told her to just leave it on the seat, which she did.

Anyway, I am really bothered by this; I'm glad DH stuck to his guns and maintained the boundaries, BUT....I just feel violated somehow. I don't know why? I hate the idea that BM was driving by our house, specifically looking to see if I was home; I hate that she even THOUGHT it would be a possibility to drop something off on our porch, when she's not even allowed to set foot in the DRIVEWAY.

It just kind of proves to me that she truly doesn't get it. And I doubt she ever will.

So it leads me to think--I HAVE to renew my order of protection, or at least try to. It expires in late April or early May. I just worry so much about what stupid things she will do when she's no longer "not allowed" to come by. I am not necessarily worried about her being violent, BUT I think she will do things just to mess with me--since SS's school is right down the street from us, I can TOTALLY see her dropping this off and that off. The last thing I want is to look out the window and see BM on my front porch, you know? Or have to worry about her pulling in the driveway if I'm out in the garden, or whatever.

UGHHHH.

How difficult is it to renew an order? I'm worried about it b/c I think BM might try to fight it. She clearly, clearly does not like this order at all. Should I get an attorney to help me?

Comments (15)