SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Rough morning

mom2emall
14 years ago

So today was the first day back to school for the kids after two weeks off. I anticipated crabbiness from them as they have been staying up later and getting up later over break. The last few days we had them all going to bed earlier to get them back in the swing of things.

This morning I got up earlier than usual and made the kids blueberry muffins for breakfast (their favorite!). I packed their lunches and was as sweet as pie all morning. After all the kids were ready I allowed them to watch some tv until it was time to leave. DS wanted to listen to his ipod so I said sure since he was ready for school.

So we get in the car to go to school and the complaints start. SS is complaining he is tired. As we approach DS school he starts telling me he is dying of thirst and never got a chance to drink his juice this morning. I told him that he had juice and he should have drank it instead of paying attention to his ipod. I told him to take his water bottle out of his lunch box and have a sip or two if he was that thristy. Of course he got all crabby and made sure to get out of the car with a crabby face on and stomp to the building.

GRRRRR.....I try so hard to get them off to school happy in the morning. But one of them always finds a way to act miserable! It is so frustrating!!

I usually don't allow tv or ipods or video games in the morning, but since they were all ready so early and had like 20 min to spare I allowed it. Guess next time we can all sit and stare at eachother for the 20 minutes instead!

Comments (2)