Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Am I wrong for how I feel????

Posted by notahappycamper (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 30, 10 at 9:41

Going to try and make this short and to the point...LOL Wish me luck..

I have posted before about my SD who is Bipolar and has 4 kids. Her father my husband has a terminal illness. We me and the DH had 2 of the kids.

Since then we have found out that she is addicted to pain pills she is still going from man to man and not taking care of her children. The father of 2 of the children took his, so we were left with one. The oldest who is 6. We also had the now 5yr old who went to stay with her father.

My husbands ex has deciced that she will step in and help out, now that my DH said he is going to court and take the 2 kids that really have no fathers to take care of them and he will get custody. The other 2 have a father and we all know who he is. The oldest child and the youngest child we have no idea who their father may be.

Am I wrong for wanting to let the 6yr old go back to her mother who is living with the grandmother??? I understand that she does not want to change schools, but Im not so sure how much more I can deal with before my cheese slips off my cracker. LOL sorry needed to laugh or I might cry....

This daughter has cost us thousands of dollars. I am dealing with my issues of a husband with a terminal illness, I lost my father a little over 2 mo ago. and I'm not sure how much more I can do??? I have an 18yr old with Asperger's syndrome who is in college, but it can be hard and I spend lots of time trying to help him. My youngest son who is 14 and a freshman in High School. I feel like I neglect him trying to save everyone else.

Thanks for any advice you guys may have...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Am I wrong for how I feel????

nota happy camper, first, I understand your handle and I feel for you and all you are going through.

I think that you are not wrong to want to focus on your husband with the major illness. This may sound hard but the 6 year old and all of the other skids have other family who need to step in now. Your first commitments need to be to your sick husband and to yourself. Let the grandmother take over.

o
RE: Am I wrong for how I feel????

You are not wrong for how you feel!! I think that your dh's ex should step in and help. Your dh should let her. You have two children of your own who need you, plus a terminally ill husband. Your plate is full! And if your dh went to court and got custody of the children what would happen upon his death? Would you be expected to then raise your two older children and his 2 grandchildren all by yourself?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here