SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myfampg

When will You be forgiven?

myfampg
13 years ago

DD went to dinner with BD and SM tonight. As most might know, BD was on supervised visits until recently and can spend a 'few' unsupervised visits with DD when mutually agreed upon, still no overnight bc of the inappropriateness of their behavior with DD. To be exact, therapists newest letter states, father may have 4-6 hrs unsupervised at reasonable times mutually agreed upon by BioParents, stepmom may be included in visits as long as there is at least 1 visit a week alone between father and child. Child to continue follow up sessions with therapist every two weeks. To continue until all 4 adults complete court ordered conflict resolution therapy. Completion to be deemed by therapist.

So I basically let her go when he asks for her except on nights she has an activity which is only 2 out of 7. Very flexible..

DD comes home and when saying prayers stops and says 'do you forgive daddy?' I said for what? 'for fighting with you?' I said 'yes, I forgive Daddy so that I can feel relief within myself and ask for my own forgiveness from God. DD says 'because if you don't forgive then you can't be forgiven?' I said something like that.... She said ' will daddy go to heaven for not forgiving?' I said well I don't know what his beliefs are but my beliefs are that as long as you have Jesus in your heart and you try as hard as you can to live the way God wants you to, asking for forgiveness for your sins and when you veer off the path, you will always be unconditionally loved by God and yes we will all meet in heaven MANY MANY years from now.'

' I don't stop loving you because you do something that upsets me, God's love for us is the same, even stronger.'. So she keeps praying.... And then she says, 'when will you be forgiven?' I said by who? She says 'my Dad... I think he may hate you forever.'

I have no words. I told her that he does not hate me and I do not hate him... We just have some problems to work out. But they aren't for you to worry about. She said 'well I hope he forgives you soon because I love you so much'.

Melt....

Why can BD not see the sweet innocence of this perfect little angel, intrusted to us to love and protect? Will I ever be forgiven?? I have done everything to show I am moving forward. I have apologized to him for things I did 5 yrs ago... Which I am not proud of but I accept responsibility for being a witch and not always being cooperative but HOW long must I be punished? And how long does DD have to endure it? Don't I have the right of 'people change' 'people grow' 'people who get married at 20 are definitly changed, wiser and maybe more mature 10 yrs later?? When will I be forgiven? For my precious little girl's sake?

I talked to my attorney tonight and he said that I need to just keep documenting that he is planning a hearing but needs more evidence that BD is trying to alienate me from DD, although he does agree that I have a lot of evidence, it's just not enough since his access is so limited now, the only option is no access and we both agree, although DD is hurt 'some of the time' she isn't hurt ALL of the time, and she really needs her daddy in her life. I longed to call a man daddy and I think I long for that for DD too. She has a daddy, can't he just see how much she loves him???

Comments (13)