SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mandeeonline

I really need some advice.. im new here...

mandeeonline
14 years ago

I almost feel like I am in way over my head.

Ive been having these feelings that wont go away. I have bust into tears many times out of frustration. I want to just get into my car and drive and drive.

...here's the thing.

I am 10 years younger than my spouse. She has FOUR kids.

two of them that live with us. one is 10, and one is 12.

I feel like i have NO SAY at all in the way they are raised. Yes, they are not mine as far as DNA goes. But they are still apart of my life everyday.

I knew when i began dating her she has four kids, and i loved her so much that i didnt care.

but i am having a very hard time.

the thing is. her kids LOVE ME!! I try SOOOO hard to be the best step parent i can be. but there is always a fight for her attention. and they get EVERYTHING they want! they empty the bank. they run her ALL THE TIME. and of course. i cant say anything about it!

i am so afraid to lose her because of how i am feeling. whenever i talk to her about it. its always" you dont want my kids here. " and no, thats not the case. i want them here, but do they have to act the way they do??. theyre spoiled. they stay up all night if they want. they swear, and watch and listen to music with swearing and sexual content in it all the time. every time they have to go to bed, they come down and make up excuses to stay up longer. its like shes completely blind to it. she gives in. they manipulate her ALL THE TIME, and she doesnt even see it. I am terrified for when they are teenagers.. i am so scared of how their going to be. her son (the 12 year old) is so dark. always talking about guns and knives, and swears. and talks about sex. its just so uncomfortable. and she just says NOTHING. ... i clench my jaw, and have to literally bite my tongue. im so stressed out. its killing me. her daughter is always fighting for her attention. anytime i want to be alone with her. she barges in, and demands her mother to go tuck her in for the 50th time.

its almost like shes afraid they wont like her. so she does whatever they want.

ahhhhh im so frustrated!!!!! i dont want to lose her. and dont get me wrong. i love her kids. but its getting to the point where. i cant take it anymore. please help.

Comments (6)