SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wild_thing

A grades/work issue.

wild_thing
15 years ago

Okay, so normally with grades, school, etc I am of the thinking that they will get what they deserve.

Consequences are usually a given here and natural.

Well, sd was going to get F's in three classes. She had F's like a week and a half before the semester ended.

I was the one who found out, because I was checking online on my son's grades and checked hers as well since it was right there.

Well, dh confronted her and she played all dumb like she had no clue etc. She starts to freak out thinking that she will have to retake all these classes, and so she cries to her counselor and the teachers and gets them to let her turn in all this late work and a ton of extra credit, and she pulls out two D's and a C.

I am thinking, that is so not fair, because my sons teachers would never allow him to do that kind of thing. Yeah, wait till semester is just about up and then turn a bunch of work in. No way.

But, then I think, well, D's are not great so she is the one stuck with those grades and whatever they bring her.....so I leave it at that I guess. Her mess, not mine.

But....my beef is with her dad and her. Her dad is letting her keep her job despite her crappy grades. The rule was that she could keep the job as long as she had decent grades, and that meant C's at least. But he is saying that she tried hard and brought her grades up and she isn't flunking so he doesn't want her to give up the job.

I am thinking, she slacked off and then kissed butt at the last minute and she still gets the privilege of working while her grades are below average? Whatever! Not with my own kids I guess. I think if they want a job then they have to prove to me that they can still keep up with school while they are working. If school slips then the job is the first to go.

Call me crazy.

The funny thing is...she only works on weekends. Only has like 18 hours a week. So the job isn't exactly interfering with school schedule. but again, I see work at this age, like a privilege.

Thoughts?

Comments (6)