SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steppschild

Not sure what to do.

steppschild
12 years ago

I am back. I posted something about my SD on 12/31 that had to do with her coming to our house the Friday after xmas to both drop off and collect her gifts from us. She walked into our house and announced that I was the only person that she hadn't gotten a gift for b/c she'd run out of money.

Well, it came up again last night and tonight b/c her younger sister caught wind of it. I was doing fairly well at letting it go, but now it's really eating at me. The younger SD was actually outraged by it and she said that her sister was just like her mother. She also said that if I hadn't been around them for the past 15 years, and had just met them, that I would have assumed that they weren't raised very well. She then made a comment to me and her BF's mom - that even if I am not really part of the family, just a step, that it was still rude. I don't think that the comment was said maliciously b/c we do get along but I do feel like I took another hit.

Anyway, here I am. I feel like Thurman a bit and I am already anticipating next xmas, weddings and other family events. I honestly feel that DH should say something to his DD, but the horse has already been out of the barn for more than one week, so it's a little too late. She is also in her late 20's, and probably not going to be responsive anyway. I'm sure he is worried that she won't come around if he does speak up. I know it will hurt DH if I tell him that I do not want to be included in anything that involves his oldest, but I am tired of feeling like a litter box. Spreading the hurt around isn't so bad is it? Do I speak up or suck it up?

Comments (2)