Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

What I've been up to....

Calamity_J
14 years ago

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! I Love You All!!! Jane xoxoxoxo

I have accidentally screwed up my computer, and deleted a program that my digital camera uses to download pics so unfortunately, no pics till I get this sorted out. Well, I had a friend come over who wanted to learn how to do stained glass, so 8hrs and we made him a small 10pc sun catcher!!! He brought his own pattern, which was only about 7" round, and I showed him all the stained glass, well, it took a while for him to pick something out as we were having so much fun drooling over all the pretty glass!!!ha! He wanted a musical note, and so I set him up at the glass saw(Taurus 3) and he loved using the light box and the grinder too, Then he soldered for the first time, then I (I know...control freak in me! ha)finished soldering for him as I wanted him to have a nice finished item to feel good about(I think it was a Christmas gift for his MOM) and he was Super appreciative about me doing this with/for him...but I tell ya, it was all my pleasure, as I really do miss doing stained glass in the winter...(mosaics in the summer!ha!) I also made a small glass on glass for a friend, it is a agate slice that I turned into a turtle! And used a few pcs of slate to make it it's own base, it is only about 6"tall and 3" wide, just a small pc of 1/4inch glass (scrap). I also have this thing about those lovely glass blown swans that florists use to put flowers in and so I collect them at thrift stores and garage sales when I see them, usually pay like .25, well, I went and got some flowers at the florist and used some green veggy dye and filled the swans and put little boquets in them as gifts for my girlfriends, these were a big hit!!! I also found a neat looking heart box made of alunimum that I glued all these wonderfull 6mm millifiore onto the top, for my DD's gift(hope she likes it!) Last of all I bought me and Klinger a gift certificate for a glass fusing class for the New Year(Did I mention Cindy just bought a kiln!!!)(Oh Ya!! a BFF with a kiln, does it get any better!?!?)God Bless!! Jane

Comments (7)

Sponsored