Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAMSA sign for Friend's daughter

Posted by mermaid4life (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 13, 08 at 22:12

I've been feeling under pressure to get this Hamsa sign done for my best friend's daughter who is opening her own massage therapy/yoga studio.

She wanted me to do a custom sign and said she would pay for it, I said only materials and then thought, I am so STOOPID, I don't work well under pressure... I think this will be my first and only commission!!

so. took this sign apart multiple times and finally decided just to start plopping down tile and see where it leads.. NT, I borrowed her ballchain hands idea, hope you don't mind.

I was given the colors to use and the substrate and that was all.. So here is my rendition, I added the ommmm symbol on one of the hands. LOL.

Will grout tomorrow and hope she likes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hamsa Hand

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAMSA sign for Friend's daughter

Ya did good! I LOVE the hands. I'm sure she will love it.
Looking forward to seeing it grouted!

o

Mermaid couldn't bring up pic?????

o

OOPS Kathy, Sorry, here is the link

Here is a link that might be useful: Hamsa Hand

o

Why mermaid, this is going to be awesome! I am not familiar with all the symbolism, but I like what I see! What color grout?

Becky

o

You were smart to go with your instinct.
It's very creative and I'm sure she'll like it!

o

Doing commissions is hard!!! Way to go! The ballchain really defines the hands theme!! Love the colors!

o

Very pretty. I love how you have the hands overlapping. She's gonna LOVE it!

o
RE: HAMSA sign for Friend's daughtergrouted

Thanks gals. I finished the grout yesterday, and just used silver rubnbuff on the sides. I've asked her if she wants me to resin it or leave as is with grout sealer.

It's a relief to get this finished and survive my first commission! I put the Ommmmmm symbol on one hand, with a mille for the dot . Calamity, i was pleased with the ballchain but grouting was a PITA and I think I still need to dig out some of it and then polish it off.

Not to myself. Just say No !! LOL, i think I prefer the do things you love and if someone wants to buy it YEA, but otherwise....

Here is a link that might be useful: Hamsa Hand grouted

o

LOVELY!!! I'd love to use dichroic cabs!!! Drool!!!

o

Very pretty, MER. You're really on a roll. Like the outlining w/ball chain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here