Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How much?

Posted by julie10059 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 19, 13 at 20:51

Girls, please give me an honest opinion on what you think I should put on this. I currently have $50 do you think thats to much? I have an etsy shop & added a mosaic section to try & sell some of my stuff, not sure how it will go

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How much?

size and what is it meant for?

o

It's 11.25x8.75 & is a trivet or wall art

o

okay, so as a trivet it can really only sell for as much as someone is willing to pay for a trivet. Look at it and decide what you would (honestly) pay for it. If you were shopping for a pretty trivet.

yes, its that simple. Time + materials + hand made with love + one of a kind really aren't going to factor in,. Because decorative arts are not considered the same way as "fine" arts and I'm not putting your piece down at all, I think its lovely - really! well done. But sadly I think you can expect 15.00 from what I just googled.

o

Thanks nicethyme ,
I guess if I am going to make things I have to decide how much of it I want sitting around my house lol. After cost of material I know I can't expect to get paid for all the hours put into it. I will leave it for a little while & drop the price after xmas, really appreciate your opinion

o

hey, you never know, the right someone comes along and they may feel that its worth it to them. That can happen, its just that demographic is small and rare to find

o

No big deal really, I just love doing it & don't have family to give any of it away. I can always drop the price, after all if I did give it away I wouldn't get anything monetary for it so as long as materials are covered it's all good

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here