Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marquest_gw

Wet Saw help

marquest
15 years ago

I brought a 4" Wet saw a few years ago never used it. Now that I am out of work I am going to start to enjoy all the things I want to do.

I pulled out the box and I do not have instructions. So my questions if anyone has one could you talk me through putting it together.

Description 4" Ceramic Tile Wet Saw, it is by Q.E.P. Company.

This is what it looks like. Thank you so much.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (9)

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Hey there! It should have a pan to put water in with a level for how much water..is the rest already together? If not..I think the blade goes in first..bolted in, then the blade "case" goes on then the pan for water goes under, then the blade cover gets bolted on top...these covers just keep the water from spraying everywhere..especially on you!lol! then the slide plate to the right goes on to help guide your tile. Plug her in a way you go. If this doesn't help or no one else chimes in with better directions..go to a local hardware store and someone will help you with it! Then you can buy grout and thinset too! and tiles...heh heh!

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Could you call the company's toll free line? I have one like it, but don't rememeber enough to walk you through it. Not very hard as I recall

Here is a link that might be useful: company contact info

• marquest
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you so much. I apprecaite the help from you both.

I thought Oh easy It does not matter I do not have the instuructions. I put it together and the If I tighten the bolt the blade does not turn. If I loosen it the blade comes off. I was starting to think I was missing a washer or something.

I have blade, metal washer, and a bolt. Do you see anything like a rubber washer between the blade or metal washer?

I do not think I go to HD or Lowes I brought it about 10 years ago.

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Mine has a wing nut...a washer that looks something like this one. It's not flat, sort of bowl shaped..then the blade

• marquest
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, Yes, Yes, thank you that is it!!!! That is all the pieces I have. Now the bowl shape do you have the hump part facing out or is the hump facting the guide (the yellow edge)?

• marquest
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just thought of something else.
    Is it

Blade
    Wingnut
    or
    Wingnut
    Blade?

• shrty411
    15 years ago

From the side you open, looking at the blade, the outermost is the wing nut,the second is the bowl looking washer,( solid part towards the wing nut), then blade.

So when putting it together, put the blade on first, then the washer ( solid part out)then the wing nut

I think the washer will only work the one way

• marquest
    Original Author
    15 years ago

shrty411, Thank you if you were beside me I would give you a kiss.

I had turned them so many times and was kicking myself because I knew it was not hard but when I took it apart I kept forgetting which way did I try last.

Lookout everybody...I am unemployed and I know how to put the wet saw together. LOL

• shrty411
    15 years ago

glad I could help...on to the projects!!

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21