Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

My MIrror - step by step .... almost done !

toomuchglass
16 years ago

Since I've been snowed in today ... I've been a busy bee.

This mirror is so hard to photograph - and being abstract - you probably can't make heads or tales of it .. but here goes .......

{{gwi:126896}}

The 1/8" plywood cut out with the pattern drawn on it

***All the mirror pieces have the back sprayed before gluing .

{{!gwi}}

** All the large solid pieces glued on ...

{{!gwi}}

And the mosaiced glass and doo dads glued on .....

{{!gwi}}

All ready to grout tomorrow ! I'm on a roll ~~~~~~~ thanks to the snow storm !

TO BE CONTINUED .......

Comments (22)

• ladyronnie
    16 years ago

Oooooooooooooh, I hope this is my exchange gift from you!!!!!!!!! Love Love LOVE it!

• gretch1964
    16 years ago

Awesome i love it.

• Shades_of_idaho
    16 years ago

WOW. This is so stunning!! I like it much better than the inspiration mirror. BEAUTIFUL!!! I am also glad you are back up and grooving.

Chris

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Oh WOW TMG!!! EVERYBODY is on speed but me!!! I'm jealous!!lol! I have the 3 "f's", the flu, the floor, and the foot(taurus), just pluggin' along, just taking a break to check in and see how everybody is doing, DH and I(Supervisor) are making my 4x6ft table/on wheels/w/shelf underneath! Did you cut the plywood yourself, it looks so smooth, I was allowed to sand today and hold wood...

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

Snow storm indeed. They originally forecast a "trace" this morning. We now have 6 additional inches of snow and it's still snowing.

I did a tray for Christmas - I'll photographic tomorrow.

Good for you using this inclement weather for good!

• stjohnsgypsy
    16 years ago

Wow...your creative juices are flowing! Perfect cutting...love this..................

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Ooooh that is so much prettier than the inspitation one.

Maria

• hrsg
    16 years ago

This is lovely! And I agree it has surpassed the inspiration piece.

• texaswild
    16 years ago

OHGOODGRIEF! Girlie, when you decide to produce, you really get with it. When I saw the inspiration piece, I wasn't really impressed, but this, my lady, is very beautiful. I was wondering when you were gonna get to cutting glass again. These pieces are wonderfully cut. Didja use the ring saw? I'm REALLY impressed w/this piece. Love all the little things you added to the glass. W/what did you spray the backs of the mirror pieces?

• sunshine_funshine
    16 years ago

Double WOW, WOW WOWSER!! Beautiful TMG!!! Love it! Seriously inspirational! The design is awesome the workmanship is just perfection! Inclement weather can sometimes be a good thing!

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

Wow TMG I really like the flow of that mirror it looks great. Im kinda thinking I remember reading something about an inspiration piece but am not sure? It was awhile back right?

Stay warm girls in the snow!!!!

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

Kathy, I love it! you took that in a totally different direction than the inspiration you used! Great!

Jane, I'm right there with ya. I haven't made anything since the gold mirror and I'm itching!!!! LOL

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

Wow this is wonderful,How in the world did you cut the wood?Is it plywood or mdf what kind of a saw do you use??your glass and design is so perfect,,gee I wish you could teach me....I'm gonna go back and look for your inspiration piece?????

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

Found the page with inspiration mirror but picture is gone ,can you post again?Is it the same person that inspired Bamas mirror?

• rosemarythyme
    16 years ago

TMG: This is FABULOUS! I remember the inspiration mirror as being a tad busy but your design is OVER THE TOP beautiful! Get it grouted so we can see it FINISHED!

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I cut it out of 1/8" plywood. I LOVE my SAWS !!!
    Here's the inspiration piece ...
    {{!gwi}}

Mine is irredescident opal/lavender & purple and a few dark blue highlights. It sure is .........different ! LOL

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Yours is SO MUCH BETTER. ABSOLUTELY love yours, and your colors are better than those on the inspiration piece. See - you didn't copy - you improved on it.

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hopefully .

I get like this sometime --- I think it's ugly till I grout it - then it just pops and I wonder what I was worried about ! LOL

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Oh I hear ya about thinking something is ugly, I haven't touched DD toilet tower and think it's hideous!!! I gotta finish it!!! Good cutting, wood, glass, mirror!!!!

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

Thanks TMG I really like yours so much better.Your colors are so much prettier .Which saw do you use on your wood?my DH uses a zig saw but it leaves zagged edges,even after he sands it's not real straight.What saw does he need?Ii'll buy it for him for Xmas...LOL

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have a band saw and a scroll saw. I do pretty good with both - but I can really cut intricate curves with the scroll saw. I still love my woodworking ! Both of these come in table top models ,too .. that's what I started out with . That was my grand plan - to combine wood with glass ...even my E Bay name is Woodnglasslass .

• haziemoon
    16 years ago

OMG! TMG......That is just unbelievable!
    I love that.....beautiful job girl........WOW!!!!!

Hazie

Sponsored
Industry Leading Countertop company in Loudoun County, VA