{{!gwi}}

Comments (10)

• seaglassic
    Original Author
    15 years ago

{{!gwi}}

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

This is your Grandson? How wonderful!!! Is he gonna get one of those fake candles to put in it so he can light it up? GOOD JOB ZACH!!!

• seaglassic
    Original Author
    15 years ago

no, Jachery is visiting here, with his mom, for a couple weeks...maybe longer.
    he's 14. I posted about him a while ago. trouble at home and such...now, his mom has him.
    he and his mom had never been exposed to anything to do with mosaics, till last week.
    he found this bowl in my stash and liked the shape of it.
    several flat sides to it and the silver plate base.
    at first, he wanted to grout the base but I have him convinced now, to clean it up and have it polished, like new silver.
    he thought it was all just a rust of some kind..lol

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Zach looks like he's found a new interest. Sometimes interest and time spent works wonders. I think he's on to something here.

Kathy

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Bless his and your hearts. I tell you, girlie, you couldn't have done any better to them both than what you did. The bowl is beautiful, and so much better that he picked it out. This thrills my heart. You've probably given him a hobby that he'll benefit from for years. Bless you, SEA. What a piece of work YOU are too. I LOVE the bowl.

• seaglassic
    Original Author
    15 years ago

whatcha' think would be the best color for grout???

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Anytime you can introduce your grand kids to an art it is so much fun. It's great to be able to share something special with them. My granddaughter was here last week and made Christmas presents for her mom and dad. I think I should get some pictures and post them too.

I know you'll tell him or let him read how special we think his bowl is. Great job.

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

Great job, Zach!!! I love the colors you used and how neatly you worked!!!

Sea... what a special gift you are giving Zach and his family. To share your home... is wonderful. Blessings to you!

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

WOW Sea, tell Zach, he is a budding artist, for him to choose the bowl, design and put it all together, well he is one special kid...

Great Job Zach!!! Very good work!!

and Great work to Sea also, for getting him interested in art, and maybe even starting a new PASSION!!

• seaglassic
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thankyou, I'll tell him your comments..I know it will boost his morale..
    it's been very tense for him these past number of days..everything is still up in the air and today seems more ominous than other days....
    he was sad, when he came in from school..
    I don't want to ask anything now..I'll wait, till something is said..
    this is just such a rough time for the two of them.

thank you again

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz