Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rchovey_gw

not a mosaic...or stained glass...but:

rchovey
15 years ago

I wanted to share my basement stair landing...I finally grouted it today, not cleaned yet...too bad DH had to work until 11:30 tonight...he'll probably be to tired to clean up my mess LOL!! Also tiled the risers and put small stone pieces between the tiles, still have to grout those (only got 2 risers grouted). Nothing matches, got the tiles hither and yon, but hey, the steps go to the basement...i.e. "Ramona's Wine Cellar and Tasting Room"... I'm ruining any resale value this house might have had, but I'm having fun doing it!!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (19)

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Excuse me!!! Ruining resale value????? I like it even before it's cleaned up. You're selling yourself short gal. The colors are warm and compliment each other. Make sure you post the finishing touch.

Kathy

• silvamae
    15 years ago

Excuse me, I agree with Kathy! You are adding to the resale value! That looks really cool already!

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

Not many people have such beautiful basement stairs! I know I don't.
    kathy

• mzclassic
    15 years ago

Well I have to agree with the other ladies. It looks great to me too! Course down here in Florida, we don't have basements (would be kinda wet) but I would put that in my house though.

Donna in Florida

• texaswild
    15 years ago

EXCUUUUUUUUUUUSE me!!! It's a mosaic, and it's professional work. I agree - you've just upped the value of your home. WOW - you're good, girlie. Have yourself a merry l'il glass of wine on this one. BEAUTIFUL!

• rchovey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks ladies!! Now the party is December 13th, ya'll be here at 7:00, we'll celebrate the Season and the stairs!

Ramona

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Ramona, I agree with everyone here. you just upped the value. It is BEAUTIFUL!!! I would put that in my house in a heartbeat!! You go girl

• emtnest
    15 years ago

Have to agree that it is beautiful!!!! I did my whole patio in fun stuff that didn't match and when we sold the house got 3 times what we paid for it...it was a good selling point....be proud!!!

• rchovey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I finished the risers to the stairs today:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh, my, girlie!!! This is fabulous. Looks like a professional job. Did you cut all those beige tiles to fit? I LOVE what you've done to those stairs. This REALLY w/increase your house value. You've done a beautiful work

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

Holey moley!! Those stairs look awesome, very professional and very original, can't believe how nice they turned out!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Oh! Those risers are gorgeous! Aren't you delighted? Now I want some STAIRS! Great job!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Good Job!!! I know some people decorate for the season...but you take it to a whole new level!!haha! lol!

• heartworks
    15 years ago

I got goosebumps! What a 'step up' on home value. Now I'm inspired about my basement steps to my quilt studio. The old carpet doesn't match anything in the house so this would be a fantastic improvement. Did you prep your stairs with a new substrate? Plywood? Levelor? I'm serious about giving this a whirl -- after the gazing balls. : ) Congratulations.

• rchovey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks again everyone. I'm really pleased with them.

Heartworks, there was old carpet on the steps that had been there, I believe, since the house was built in 1981... YUCK!. I think my house was built to be someone's "summer home", i.e. on the cheap.. unfinished wood under the carpet, roughed it up, primed it and used it.
    The same carpet was on the basement floor when we bought the house, concrete underneath. We took that up and tiled that floor a few years ago. I'm not sure how I did that entire floor, must have been a younger woman! Also didn't have fibromyalgia then. The stairs whipped my butt! But it's done in time for the party Saturday...whooohoooo! My friends always look around to see what project I've tackled during the year... and yes, I'm usually finishing one right before party time. I'm such a slug!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Gosh I wish I could come for a visit...Yahoo!!! Party at RCHOVEY'S!!!! Have fun!!!

• october17
    15 years ago

Wah!!! I can't see the pics!

• Dottie B.
    15 years ago

Here is the new link to the pictures....they must have been moved.

I think those stairs are awesome too! Beautiful job!

Here is a link that might be useful: Stair Pics

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Thanks for posting the pics again, I am planning to do my entryway floor and this is so inspiring!!!

Sponsored